Want to live and work in Canada? That dream could become a reality now that the government has approved to accept more than a million immigrants in the next three years.
In his 2018 Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration, the country’s immigration minister, Ahmed Hussen, revealed plans to admit as many as 1,080,000 new permanent residents from 2019 to 2021, with the upper target for 2021 being 370,000.
How to Apply for Canadian VISA 2019/2020
Canada provides different VISA applications to people and immigrants moving into Canada across the globe. Canada also offers work permit VISA, designed for those seeking to live and work in Canada and there is Study VISA for those intending to study in Canada. You can check here on the best way to apply for Canadian VISA Lottery 2019/2021.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this visa program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen AND resident of sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be between 18 and 45 years old (at the beginning of the study program);
- Have completed a university degree meeting the minimum academic requirements for admission into a Master’s degree in Canada;
- Have a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years of full-time work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or a research institute in Africa;
- Be fluent in French or English;
- Meet all the academic requirements of the study program of choice
- Deadline to complete the Preliminary Questionnaire: 13th November, 2020
- Selection process: 16th October to 31st December, 2019
- Pre-selected candidates notified by email: January-February 9 2020
- Admission to universities: January to March 2020
- Pre-departure process (visa, accommodation, pre-departure orientation): February to July 2020
- All other candidates notified of results: May 2020
- Orientation session in Canada: Mid- August 2020
- Start of study programs: End of August/beginning of September 2020
Application form is online on the CBIE Website for all interested candidates.